International Licence Holders

If you hold an electrical work licence in a country other than Australia or New Zealand you will need to apply for a new licence before working here.

International licence holders will need to have their skills and/or qualifications assessed to enable the Australian or New Zealand licensing body to process the application.

In Australia, this skills assessment is performed by Trades Recognition Services (TRS).

State and Territory regulators will ask you for an Australian Recognised Trade Certificate from TRA with your licence application.

In New Zealand, a similar skills assessment is performed as part of your licence application process.

Regulators may ask for more information or require further training with your application. Contact the regulator of the jurisdiction in which you wish to work for more details.