Licensing between Australian Jurisdictions and New Zealand

Current holders of a licence issued by an Australian state or territory or New Zealand can apply for an electrical work licence in another jurisdiction on the basis of mutual recognition. Contact the regulator or visit their website for more information on requirements, forms and fees.

Generally, to perform electrical work in an Australian state, territory or New Zealand you will need to obtain the relevant licence in that jurisdiction rather than just working under your current licence. There are exceptions to this rule for Queensland and New Zealand – contact the regulator for more details.